The University of the Gambia Career and Wellness Counseling Centre in collaboration with UNDP Economic Management Project – MoFEA PCU and UTG Students’ Union invites Applicants from suitably qualified UTG graduates to a Six-Month Graduate Scheme Programme.
The objective of the Scheme is to equip UTG graduates with work skills geared towards enhancing youth employment, poverty reduction, and inclusive economic growth.
|JOB TITLE||NUMBER OF POSITION|
|Planning and Development Officer||2|
|Internal Audit Officer||3|
|Information and Communications Technology Officer||3|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Officer||3|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Successful applicants will join a team of staff to support augment existing capacity gaps in Councils and/or Governors’ Offices including providing strategic, operational, and technical support to institutions of your duty stations for effective service delivery.
SUMMARY OF KEY FUNCTIONS:
- Compile and analyze data relevant for decision making and contribute to the preparation and submission of timely functional unit reports.
- Prepare briefs, background papers, analyze reports, and other substantive information, especially on themes relevant to the positions.
- Organize/conduct/participate in periodic visits to project sites and perform other related duties as required.
- Provide support in managing and strengthening a close relationship between the UTG and Councils and Governor’s Office.
OFFICE OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT:
- Provide substantive and administrative support to meetings, conferences, and events organized by the Office, including contributing to capacity building and training roles where the need arises.
- Draft periodic reports on operational activities of the Office based on the agreed reporting schedule.
COMPETENCIES AND CRITICAL SUCCESS
- Knowledge and skills in office management, analysis, reporting, and writing skills.
- Initiative and able to work with minimum supervision and possess team spirit.
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheet and database management, software packages analysis, and reporting.
- Good interpersonal skills, experience interacting with Government officials, partner organizations, and grassroots level community members.
- Graduate from the University of the Gambia or completed his/her final semester. with proof of interim Attestation from your school faculty Officer.
- A minimum CGPA of 3.0 or above.
- Attach CV and Cover letter (one page).
- Attach a copy of the UTG transcript and Attestation.
- Volunteerism experience would be an added advantage.
- Applicant should have the ability to write and communicate effectively.
- Applicant should be willing to work within and outside the Greater Banjul Area (i.e. rural Gambia).
The Graduate Scheme attracts attractive monthly remuneration for 6 months per individual.
The application should be submitted using the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScjcxoqPGgNIBwGuVGu- nbMPAvnSsDEfHj_TTE8ZKZJoYkQHg/viewform
Application Duration: 1 week
- Deadline of Application: April 19, 2022
For more information contact the UTG Career Wellness Counseling Centre via E-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or 3650144