Followings are the ACTIONS NOT ALLOWED within the UTG Libraries:
- Damage or unlawful removal of library property or materials.
- Talking loudly or disrupting other people’s use of the library.
- Eating and drinking (water or beverages) in the library is not allowed.
- Fighting, running, pushing, shoving, or throwing any items is an offence
- Using audio or video devices without headphones with audible volume not permitted.
- Use of cell phones not allowed in the library.
- Verbal or physical threat of users, staff, staring, loitering and taking photograph
- Stealing, damaging, defacing, altering, or misuse of library materials, equipment, Facilities or furniture.
- Loitering or sleeping in the library
- Any group activities that is disruptive to the library environment.
- Engaging in any activity that violate the library rules, regulations or disruptive.
- Persons engaged in any of the above activities may be requested to identify themselves by producing his or her Library ID.
- Refusing to produce identification card under such circumstances may result in eviction from the library.
- The Library reserves the right to inspect the contents of any bag, knapsack, briefcase, package, item and all articles brought into the library.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the size and number of items brought into the Library.
- By entering the Library, all users agree to comply with these rules and regulations. If a user violates this policy or any part thereof, the user will be asked verbally to modify the behavior. If the user fails or refuses to do so immediately, the user will be asked to leave the premises and the security may be called if necessary. If a user refuses to leave Library premises, the university security will be notified and the offender may be accused of trespassing.
- Users’ identification card may be required before he or she can be allowed to access and use any of the library sources, resources and services for the following reasons:
(a) For safety and security purposes;
(b) When criminal activity occurred within the library premises
(c) When Library rules and regulations are violated.
- Refusal to provide proof of identification may be grounds for service denial, expulsion from library premises, or summon to the security office.