PROGRAMME: Master of Science (MSc) Economics
The School of Graduate Studies and Research, University of The Gambia is pleased to invite applications for admission into the above-named programme commencing the second semester of the 2023/2024 academic year.
Philosophy and Objectives of the Programme
The MSc Economics programme at School of Business and Public Administration of The University of The Gambia (UTG) is intended to equip competent undergraduate students and other qualified candidates with solid foundation in microeconomic and macroeconomic theory. It also aims at enhancing the ability of students to follow and develop economic arguments, and to supplement existing evidence with additional research. Participation in the program can enhance students’ skills in empirical research. The programme rigorously prepares students to use state of the art applied economics research tools (both analytical and empirical) to address national and global economic development issues. The programme prepares students for high level studies on economics.
Requirements for Admission
- For the M.Sc. degree, candidates are to be graduates of the University of The Gambia or any other recognized University with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.00 in Economics, Mathematics, and statistics.
- Candidate must be proficient in English
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview which shall take the form of an oral presentation of a research idea or pass projects and the results will guide the Department in taking a final decision on candidates to be recommended for admission.
Duration of study
The minimum duration for the MSc programme shall normally be four semesters (two years) for full-time study and six semesters (three sessions) for part-time study.
Programme of Study and Research
The programme of study for the MSc degree course is as specified and approved by the University Senate.
The application fee is a non-refundable D500.00 and candidates are required to apply online through www.utg.gm and click on the apply link to fill the form and submit. The Deadline for submission of applications is October 4th 2023. Please note that all receipts obtained from the University are to be uploaded on the applications for timely processing
The following documents should be uploaded in support of your application:
- A copy of a valid personal identification document (e.g., Birth certificate, ID card, Passport,)
- Pass port sized picture
- University Transcript
- B.A/BSc Certificate/Letter of Attestation of Course Completion.
- Two reference letters (submitted using the portal)
For further information, please contact the admission office on 3650046, 3850295.